The summer has caused a bit of a shift in my life. Maybe it’s the new job I just started, or the new workout program I’m on. But suddenly, I just feel like being active, and eating all of the fruits and vegetables. And along with that, for some strange reason I feel like relaxing at home more than ever.
I’m a social butterfly, so naturally, I go out a lot. Living alone means a lot of alone time, and while I can relish in it, once and a while, I gotta go go go. But I feel like more than ever lately that means going on a hike after work as opposed to happy hour. Or kayaking on the weekend instead of day drinking. And on top of everything, it definitely means that I’m reading more than ever. Here are a few articles that will make great weekend reading:
- One thing I pride myself on is being loyal to a fault. If you have my back, I have yours, and this article on Girl Code by Gala Darling definitely speaks to that. (Psst….if you haven’t picked up her book, do! I got my copy yesterday and can’t wait to dive in!)
- Speaking of kick-ass ladies, Rose McGowan is retiring from acting to direct. Her reasoning? She wants to tell real women’s stories.
- Big plans this weekend? Check out this article on how to get over a hangover!
- Ummm…Third Eye Blind has a new album out. Yeah, I already bought it, and their sound is just as great as it was when I was in junior high (yeah, I love 3EB, don’t judge).
- Here are 50 Fashionable Film Noir Moments. I wish I could dress like this every day.
- And this is just adorable.
Did I miss anything worth reading this week?