This was the first full week at my new job. I’m currently only there part-time, but so far, am loving it. It is a complete 180 from what I’ve spent most of my adulthood doing, but let’s just say that my type-a personality is doing really well there.
One of the best parts about foraying from bartending to a 9-5 style job is that I’ve really gotten into a routine. It’s calmed my life down a bit, and has helped me get into a more normal style of life (well, normal is relative isn’t it?). Here’s what’s on my weekend reading list:
- Um…I’m sure you’ve seen this floating around the internet, but Norma from OITNB used to front a punk band, and it’s amazing.
- Check out these list of Bizarre Beauty Queens from back in the day.
- Speaking of bizarre beauty queens, a photographer captured photos of the Modern Witches of Poland.
- And this artist has turned celebrities into real life Disney characters (I remember seeing a few of these floating around, but it’s fun to see all of them in one place).
- On a more serious note, 12 Personal Finance Moves You Should Make by 30. Umm….I have some catching up to do.
- I took the picture above at Avalanche Lake in Glacier Park, it’s a picture that has been taken a million times which makes me think of the term Vemodalen. To find out what that means and more, you have to take a look at the Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows. I’m obsessed.
- And finally, last week I linked to Rose McGowan’s article about her foray into directing, and this week her short was released on YouTube. It’s a hard watch, but is beautiful and interesting. I’m looking forward to seeing what else she’s going to do!